Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

We're back and I took entirely too many pictures! Actually, I took what I thought was entirely too many and now that I look at them, I wish I would have taken more... LOL! I can't wait to process them and then scrap them. I think I got some pictures for the fair. I went for unconventional on the tractor picture. My mom never called anyone to arrange for me to photograph their tractors (even though it was her idea that I enter this category and she told me she would make the arrangements :-)... so I decided to photograph dad's tractor which honestly, isn't a very photogenic tractor. So... I took this photo while standing on the seat, shooting down at the steering wheel. I seriously almost ended up with a trip to the ER! I went to sit down on the back of the seat to think about what shot I wanted to try next... I didn't realize that the seat wasn't bolted down very well and it rocked backwards when I sat down!!! I almost went backwards off the tractor. Anyway... here's the shot I'm considering... tell me the truth... is it odd?

My theory here is that most people will probably enter portrait type shots of tractors and since I didn't get a strong "portrait shot" I'm going for funky. Ugh... I hate making decisions on things like this.

Well... tomorrow is move meeting #2... 4:00 pm eastern if you're keeping track. But you never know... last week's meeting was supposed to be on Wednesday afternoon and got pushed out to Thursday morning instead. We'll see.

This kids had such a great time this weekend! Saturday was our family's celebration at my mom and dad's house. Great fun... hamburgers, hot dogs, homemade ice cream and fireworks!! I'll have to write more of that later when I get the pictures ready. Sunday, mom and I went shopping and I got a new purse. Monday we went to the little lake near my mom and dad's so the kids could feed the fish, ducks and geese from the dock AND so they could play on the old outdated playground so I could get more possible pictures for the fair. Can you believe that they still have metal slides AND a metal merry-go-round. Jeff spun the kids so much that Clara totally got sick and threw up on the way home! You just never know when Clara's motion sickness will kick in.

Well... its time for bed and I'm dying to read more of Wicked. So, I'll leave you with a pic I took of our dog, Friday... isn't she pretty??

1 comment:

  1. I actually really like the picture of the tractor, its perfect really. Hope it does well, even if you didn't enter it yourself :)

    Let me know if you like Wicked in the end, I'm just starting it... cute dog too btw.

    ReplyDelete