Thursday, July 27, 2006

procrastinating

Yep... that's what I'm doing. Tomorrow we leave on our trek to Michigan and I haven't packed a thing. I've made lists of things to pack but that's as close as I've gotten to actually packing. Thankfully we're just driving to Missouri tomorrow so we can leave at anytime. Jeff's plane still isn't here... storms in NYC... so it will be good to not have to rush. I still need to finish up my MMM entry too... I don't know why I stall out on things like this, but I do.... I get almost finished and then freeze. I don't get it.

I got new hair today! I'm totally in love with the girl who did my cut and highlights today!!! Wow! I just can't believe the difference! I had really been a rut with the guy who had been cutting my hair. He looked like a cool, hip guy but maybe he's been in the 'burbs too long because no matter what I asked for I always came out of there with a shellacked helmet of hair and that is sooooooo not me... but he was close and I didn't know where else to go. Our photo playdate didn't pan out so I decided just to walk in at this place that I've been wanting to try... let me just say that I'm totally in love! The color is perfect and the cut is sooooo perfect... and totally "me". Very, very pleased that this all worked out before we left for our trip because I was feeling very uncool frumpy housewife -ish... if you know what I mean.

I went a little crazy on iTunes again today and downloaded another 10 songs or so... just prep for our trip. Oh... speaking of music, I finally figured out where Clara got Hollaback Girl from.... get this.... there's a cd called Barbie Hit Mix 2 that they advertise on Toon Disney and that song is on that cd!!!!!!!!!!!!! Given the lyrics that seems like a lot of effort to go to make it kid friendly. Oh well.... mystery solved though.

Let's see if I can get my two layouts from yesterday to load...

I'm too lazy to do links tonight but the kit is Mommy's Little Boy by Mindy Terasawa and the idea prompt is from Puzzle Day in the July Issue of Katie the Scrapbook Lady's Amazing Month of Memories.

Oh well... I got one uploaded... don't know what's going on with blogger.

I'll try to check in while we're in Michigan! See you in a week!!

2 comments:

  1. I wanna see your new hair!!!!
    I want new hair too! I love it when you find that one person who really gets the look you want- kinda like they are peeking inside your head and seeing your vision!
    Yah- and blogger has been acting funny the last few days- taking forever to load photos and whatnot- glad that's all fixed now!
    Love the page- the colors are fabulous!
    You are coming to my state- saw your post on 2peas about locations, but I get lost if I go 30 minutes from my house LOL, so I really couldn't recomend anywhere!!
    Hope you have a safe trip and can't wait to see the photos!!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:18 AM

    I wanna see the new hairdo too!!!

    Love the page, and I am addicted to itunes too!
    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete