Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hi from Michigan!

Just checking in real quick from Michigan! I survived the flight without causing any kind of a scene, which is an improvement over our last trip. We couldn't get four seats together so I ended up in charge of Clara on the last row of the plane (row 13, can you believe it?). The one thing is that being in charge of high maintenance Clara doesn't allow time for full out panic attacks. Having my ipod full of tunes helped too.

The kids are loving it here! They have spent no less than about 5 hours per day in the water. They are sooooo brown (and blonde) right now.

And yes, I have taken an abnoxiously large amount of pictures already. I had to burn some discs last night so I could clear off some cards. I really am proud of myself.... I'm probably in manual 90% of the time (maybe more) and although I've goofed a few, I've actually done quite well. I can't wait to get home and go through them all. I attempted portraits of the kids last night on the sea wall with the sunset in the background. The first year I tried it, I was in av mode and the kids were severely underexposed. Last year I decided to go the flash route and they were okay.... but I'm just not a flash person (perhaps I could be if I used how to use it properly). This year I shot in manual and used a reflector to brighten their faces. I'm going to play again tonight as well... it's our last night. I'm going to attempt the cousins pictures as well... it may not happen though, the other party involved has been less than cooperative with arranging a time.

Well... I need to shower... today is our little photo safari trip to the lighthouse.

'bye!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it here safe!! Think I would be in the water that much too- if I could. You are prolly use to the heat- but this weather is just killing me LOL!! Can't wait to see your photos!! Have a safe trip home!!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:04 PM

    I cannot wait to see your photos! I'm sure they will blow us away.

    Glad your plane trip wasn't too traumatic. Yay for Ipods!

    Talk to you when you return. Oh, and remind me to tell you some P's gossip....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:02 AM

    Glad you all are having fun!!! Can't wait to see the pic's!!

    ReplyDelete