Thursday, August 24, 2006

cat stevens??

What is wrong with me? I just purchased two more Cat Stevens songs for my iPod... what has brought this on? Should I be concerned? Perhaps I'm in desperate need of new music suggestions.

Today was a sad day in our house... it was Shirin's last day... she starts back at college on Monday... sigh. I tried to take some pics of her with the kids but the girl was a pain in the @$$. I don't know what her problem was but she wanted nothing to do with being the pictures with Shirin and Alex. For some reason Clara has issues with group pictures... she posed happily with the dog after I gave up on the group pic but I refuse to post those pics just because I'm annoyed at her! :-)

Alex is a full blown Lego fanatic now... which I think is so cool! I love legos and its great to see him really into something... he just spent $21 of his hard earned money on a Batman Lego set tonight... he's already assembled the thing.

Why does nothing every work at once? A week or so I was on a total scrapping roll... but in a photography funk. Now I'm coming out of my photography funk and I can't scrap anything to save my life! I guess sometimes they are in sync because for a while I could neither, but I blamed the scrapping funk on having no good photos to scrap... now I've got the photos, so I have no real excuse.

I was thinking about my evolution as a scrapper the other day. I used to scrap alot of portrait type shots of my kids... now I just can't make myself do it. I still take those photos but I can't ever scrap them anymore. I need for there to be a story to tell or I just can't do it. I have several portrait type shots I would love to have on a page, but I'm stumped when I try to start. Another crazy thing... I used to scrap only one photo layouts... now mine are almost all (at least over half) multiphoto layouts. Maybe one day I'll find "my style".

Well.. enough of my ramblings about scrapping... here are my pics from today... one of the kids with Shirin (the only one Clara sort of cooperated for and that was only because she was trying to roll across them) and two from martial arts (odd crops on those but I was working with my 85mm and we were too close together).



'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment