Saturday, August 26, 2006

backlighting... ugh..

So, after seeing Anne's (painted moon on 2peas) examples of backlighting I had to give it another shot... especially under more controlled circumstances with only one child, indoors and no one watching me and making me nervous. So here is the best I got....


(yikes... that one pic is way pixely on here)

Not great, but there was improvement. I need to get more light bounced back onto her face though. I did use my reflector (hence the catchlights), but I didn't feel like I had it aimed right to give me the boost with the light that I needed. Something new to play with though.

We went and got Alex's Cub Scout uniform today! He is soooo excited about his first pack meeting on Monday night! I did take my camera but the scout area was swamped today and they had the nicest man working that area that had us outfitted and ready to check out before we knew what hit us!

Well... that's it for us today! 'nite!

2 comments:

  1. Those look great! Wish I could get the hang of it! Anns were beautiful too! Man I tried to leave a nice long comment the other day, did the word verification thing- and hit publish, and got an error- made me so mad. I tried again later that same day, and same thing- Keeping my fingers crossed that it don't do it this time ;) Just wanted to let you know that I love all the photos! and I think we need to swap photo and do a page for each other- I haven't been able to make anything look right this past week RRRRRRR! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:21 PM

    Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!

    We would love it if you would come over the natural light cc thread and post these with some hints/tips and what your set-up was. Gosh, these are just soooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete