Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Totally in shock today! I submitted two layouts to the digital call at BH&G's Scrapbooks, Etc. and within two hours I had an email requesting one of my layouts for the January issue!!! Its the one of Alex with his wings, if you happened to catch it before I took it down. Wow! I still can't believe it.

Tomorrow is a big day here... Alex has his first ever piano lesson, Clara has her preschool "meet the teacher" day, my prints should arrive for the state fair AND my box of goodies from B&H photo are scheduled for delivery tomorrow! I cannot wait to start playing.

And this brings me to my second plea for help in two days.... yesterday I needed (and still need) help with a new wardrobe. But I need help with ideas of pictures to take! I know, that sounds nuts, but this Texas heat is getting to me. It's too hot to be outside and its all brown and dried out looking out there anyway. I'm tired of the pool.... both being in it and taking pictures of it. I don't mind playing with portraits indoors but I need to shake things up a bit with some new idea to make it fun again. How sad is this... I'm actually planning outings and trips so I can take pictures! This weekend we have to go to fair park to drop off my photos so we will probably hit a museum while we're down there. At some point Alex needs to go to Elliots Hardware to get his cub scout uniform (that could be a fun photo shoot). Oh... and just this evening on the phone I convinced Jeff that we need to go somewhere for Labor Day weekend (Sea World here we come!). There for the longest time I happily played with portraits and I still do at times, but I am really loving attempting to get good photojournalistic type candids of the kids. That's hard to do when you don't go anywhere. So.... besides the big stuff... anyone have any fun little photo op outing suggestions for us?

Okay... with that I'm going to go finish the dishes so I can go to bed!

'nite!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Tracie! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:49 PM

    Okay, I have another question. Maybe I missed it ,but what kind of camera do you use?? Also congrats on all your success!!!

    P.S. Can't help with the clothes thing, I'm still trying to figure out to dress like a cool Mom too!

    ReplyDelete