Tuesday, August 29, 2006

i just want to celebrate...

... another day of living! I know... corny, huh? I've had such a bad day today but somehow that song from the 70's by Rare Earth on my iPod has kept me sane. It is currently my mantra... I've got to do something or I'm going to lose it! LOL!!!

*** Major Rambling Alert ***

Okay.... my day wasn't all that bad... just little picky things that piled up to push me over the edge. AND the fact that these things make absolutely no sense doesn't help much. Okay... I drive a mini-van.... I know... not so cool, but it works and all of the cool little features makes it so worth it when carting kids around... that is until said features no longer work. Last night after the cub scout meeting Clara's door wouldn't open using the neat little button on the key fob. No biggie, Clara is notorious for getting things wedged in her door... she can just get in Alex's side and we'll deal with it in the morning. Now morning is here... it's 9:02 and we're leaving the house to get Clara to preschool which starts at 9:00 (at least this time she had something besides the all orange lunch). The door still won't open AND we discovered, it won't even unlock. Didn't have time to deal with it... went to school. I never take my purse into the school... there's really no reason, I just throw it in the floor, lock the door and go. Coming back out, I discovered that assuring little beep the mini makes when I push the lock button is a LIE!!! The left side, the only side that opens, now no longer locks!!! So I have one permanently locked side and one permanently unlocked side. I'm not happy but at least Jeff is out of town and the bmw becomes my mom-mobile. No biggie, it will even be fun to take it to San Antonio this weekend on our trip (provided Clara doesn't throw up in it).... BUT, as Jeff reminds me later, that means no DVD player for the kiddos. Our kids are good travelers, they've had to be since we've never lived closer than 7 hours away from either set of grandparents... but part of that has been being able to watch movies (its a novelty for them since we never let them watch tv in the mini otherwise). sigh... off to the dealership between now and friday....

Then, the part the started the very rapid downhill slide was losing my internet connection at about 11 am. I really won't get into that right now... I don't think I can without losing my PG rating here. Long story short... I didn't realize some nut in a work truck forgot to lower his boom and drove down the road taking out power, cable and internet lines.... I thought it was our router and/or modem. The rest of day consisted of frustrating phone calls to various computer repair places... oh... did I mention that since we have no actual paper phone books in our house, I had to call one of my friends to look things up on the internet for me so I could make calls. I seriously did not realize how much I used my internet for... I was helpless for crying out loud! LOL!!!

I'm beginning to calm down now though... thank goodness we had chocolate in the house! :-)

I did manage to do one layout today since I couldn't surf....

details here

Oh... I totally forgot... yes for those of you who asked... Clara is much better today. Her fever never came back and neither did her headache. It seemed to be about a 12-24 hour deal... thank goodness!

Okay... I'm up past by bedtime AGAIN... I will take pictures tomorrow! :-)

'nite!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:00 AM

    Ack! I know what you mean about the little things adding up to just aggravate you beyond your limits. I'm so sorry.

    A lady swerved into my lane weeks, nay, MONTHS ago and I need to take my minivan (gotta love 'em) in to be fixed (cosmetic damage only). I still haven't done it b/c it's such a hassle!

    And I saw that story on the news about the truck/power lines. I'm so sorry you were affected by that! And you're a fairly long distance from that area. Bummer. Hope today is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh, thank God for chocolate ;)
    Hope you have a better day today, and it's so good to here Clara is feeling better!!

    If the power goes out here, we have NO phone, they are all cordless and need power- reminder to self to pick up another phone)!!!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete