Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Why am I still up???

I feel kind of icky (allergy/cold-ish) and promised myself that I would go to bed early... but alas, here I am updating my blog.

Big news in regards to scrapbooking for me... I got an invitation to be on the Creative Team for Scrapartist! I was honored, humbled and completely overwhelmed to receive the invitation. I accepted and I am still in such a state of shock that it has paralyzed me! LOL! I went through the shop to find a kit to scrap with and my brain went on overload and just shorted out! I need to snap out of it soon though or they're going to think they made a big huge mistake asking me to be on their team.

I actually did three layouts today!!! One is for the thing I can't talk about yet (but Miss Tina knows what I'm talking about ;-) and the other two were for the 2peas 2sday chat on the digi board. The challenge tonight was a "grid" layout and/or a scraplift of Lauren aka Ms. Scrappy Pants. I ended up getting both done and here they are...


Grid paper by Misty Mareda @thedigishoppe.com. Other papers by Holly McCaig (Office Chic) @pdw.com. Stamped Alpha - Shmootzy Alpha by Nancie Rowe Janitz @scrapartist. Fonts - AL Modern Type and Bookman Old Style.


This is my scraplift of Lauren's Smile Layout. Papers - Mommy's Little Boy by Mindy Terasawa @sweetshoppedesigns.com (I think this is at least the third time I have used this kit since I got it just a couple of weeks ago!!). Stitching - Misty Mareda. Stamped Alpha - Nancie Rowe Janitz. Round brush by Rhonna Farrer @2peas.

Yay!!! While I was typing this I just got confirmation from the editor that I've been in contact with and my layout Defining Alex IS finally going to be in Creating Keepsakes Magazine!!! Look for in the November Tips and Tricks segment!

Okay... one last thing and I'm off to bed... I need new cool clothes! I really need to start watching What Not to Wear again (the british version of course). I want cool, yet comfortable clothes that don't scream "MOM" yet are totally appropriate for a mom. Does that exist? If it does, where? Especially an online source! I need help!

Okay... I'm off to bed... I have something else I need help on but that can wait until tomorrow.

'nite!

1 comment: