Monday, August 14, 2006

a little retail therapy & a LO

Woo hooo... I did a little impulse shopping at B&H photo yesterday! One was a planned purchase... the 85mm 1.8 lens... but the other two items were impulse buys. I got the Lastolite EZ Balance Collapsible Light Balancing Disk - Grey, White - 12" and the Blue Crane Digital DVD: Understanding the Canon Speedlite 580EX/430EX. I needed a grey card and was totally intrigued by the whole collapsable aspect of the Lastolite... we'll see if it works the way its supposed to. And as for the DVD, that's not the flash I have (I have the 550ex that was discontinued before a dvd was made for it) but I'm hoping it's close enough to glean at least $20 worth of info out of it.

I did one layout this weekend that I can actually post here. I did a couple more but one is for a project I can't talk about yet and the other is for this month's SWTSB prompt at the Sweet Shoppe and will be revealed on the 15th. Here's the layout I did...


I used the Surfer Dude kit by Paislee Press... beautiful kit (check out their embroidered eyelet too!).

Yikes! It's 9:35 am... I've got to jump in the shower so we can start school!!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that layout Tracie....it's so clean and classic. =)

    I saw that you got an 85mm...you'll love it! =) And I just about jumped out of my chair thinking you got the 580EX...I'm wanting one of those. Then I saw that you have the 550EX...I'll let you figure it out and let me know if I should get one! =) LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOO NOT fair (you getting your lens before me LOL)!
    I'm so happy for you, can't wait to see what you can do with your new toys!!!

    Love the layout :)

    -Tina

    ReplyDelete