Tuesday, July 11, 2006

not so much a dork and a word of warning

Well... come to find out I did actually wash the conditioner out of my hair.... BUT (here's where the warning part comes) for future reference.... do not let your six year old son spray your back with continuous spray sunscreen... only to find out that he was coating the back of your head... 1. you'll get sunburned after an afternoon at the pool and 2. you will have a weird shellac-like coating on your hair that will remain after several washings. I currently still have it after two showers and much scrubbing. I could hear him spraying but wasn't feeling anything on my back... at first I thought the can had finally run out... but no, he was spraying my hair (to give him some credit, I always spray his hair but that's because he's got a short summer boy cut that you see his scalp through... I don't). Let's hope third times a charm and it'll be out tomorrow, just in time for another afternoon at the pool.

This is going to be a short post... no pictures and even no layouts today. I went to the dentist for a deep under the gum cleaning. I freaked out.... yes, the Queen of Panic Attacks did it again. I've already mentioned my recent flying panic attack that landed me with my very own row of seats on a sold out flight (again, not entirely my fault).... well... my other major phobia is needles. My heart was beating so fast (not sure how fast, the dentist insisted that the hygenist keep the monitor out of my sight as not to panic me further... little do they know that I have no idea what a normal pulse rate is).... that they had to discontinue the series of numbing shots. I only got 3 of the slated SIX!!!! The dentist agreed to have the hygenist start the cleaning without them but if it got to be too much, I could add the remaining shots. Well... I'll tell you this... I would have crushed the armrests from gripping too hard before I was going to have the rest of those shots... oddly, I do much better with pain than I do with needles. It was a piece of cake... no problems.... it didn't hurt at all. And even now what hurts is where I got the shots that I did get.... not my gums. Regardless.... having a full out panic attack always drains me so I'm going to bed.

'nite!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:29 PM

    OMG, Tracie - I am completely phobic about the dentist. I'm ashamed to tell you how long it's been since I've gone. Let's just say I have your 4 years BEAT.

    I'm so glad to hear you're not hurting from the actual procedure - sorry to hear the shots were so horrible. I hate the shots at the dentist, but I could probably stand that - I haven't told you my infertility/heparin stories, so you don't know that I've given myself probably over 1000 shots. If you'd told me 5 years ago that I would be able to do that I would have laughed nervously at you and said, "NO freaking way!"

    Anyhow, sunscreen in your hair and a trip to the dentist. Now THAT's a crappy week!

    ReplyDelete