Tuesday, July 18, 2006

less crabby

Yes... it is true... I am less crabby today... however, I've replaced it with just plain being out of it. I am just in my own little world today... I swear the shots I got at the dentist's office numbed my brain as well as my mouth. I'm in a fog.

I got over my issue with my fair entries. This morning I decided to get up early and redo the collage. I would take it to MotoPhoto to be printed and pick it up after my dentist's office. Let me just say that I LOVE MotoPhoto (at least the one I go to). I always print through the lab I use as my first choice... but if I need something fast, MotoPhoto is the only convenient local place that I trust. They took the time and and adjusted my collage, not only so it all printed but left a margin on the sides so that nothing would be covered by the mat... it was absolutely perfect!!! The colors were great... the service was great... I just can't say enough. Oh... get this... when I left they said that they would have it done by 2:30 but my cell phone rang as I was just sitting down at the dentist's office (about 10 minute drive from MP) and they already had my print ready for me to pick up!!! Michael's is in the same lot as MotoPhoto so that was my next stop to get mats. Alex and I matted everything when I got home and then it was off to my friendly neighborhood UPS Store to send off my package. I'm still not loving my entries but its over, done, forgotten about... until the fair starts on the 28th, of course. :-)

Grrrrr.... Jeff usually comes home on Thursday nights and works from home on Fridays.... but he emailed me earlier and he has a 4:30 meeting on FRIDAY!!!! So, he won't be home until Saturday at some point and then back to NYC on Monday again. Friday night is family movie night in our house... I started this a couple of years ago when Jeff had to be out of town on a Friday night... it was something fun to do to start the weekend. Now... the kids like to push movie night out to Saturday if Jeff's not home on Fridays... so there goes our special "kick off the weekend" thing. I was talking to my mom about this today and she suggested taking them to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner Friday night. Not at all my first choice but it would take care of dinner and it would be something special. Any suggestions? A couple of weeks ago, I did look into renting a video game player (we don't own one) just for fun.... but couldn't find anywhere that rented them. The next best option if I went that route would be to buy a cheap older used model and keep it put away just for special occassions.

I took some pics today... but nothing worth posting. My child is so scarred by my photography and scrapping. Tonight she called to me from the bathroom... and told me that I should bring my camera because she thought these would be good scrapping pictures. Ummm... I'm not sure a totally unclothed almost 5 year old straddling the edge of the tub is good scrapping material... do you???? LOL! Then she asked me to take some pics of her bending over to play with the water... again.... no, not good scrapping material... at least not in my book! I tried taking tasteful close-ups of her face... but the angles just came out weird.

Oh well... there's always tomorrow! I need new pics because I'm in a scrapping funk!!!

'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment