Monday, May 07, 2007

beach party!

Okay... so there really wasn't a party... just a beautiful day out on the beach. Since the weather looked beautiful, I told the kids that if we could finish school before lunch we would go to the beach in the afternoon. So, they plowed through their stuff and after lunch we were good to go. The high was only supposed to be low/mid 70's and it's always cooler by the lake so the kids were dressed in jeans and capris and jackets. I figured we would play in the sand some, but mostly at the park by the beach. Boy was I wrong! They wanted to get their feet wet... well, the water is still really, really cold so I thought that would be it. Yet, everytime I looked out at them, they were deeper and deeper in the lake. At one point, Clara was even sitting in the water! Clara's pants were so heavy that they wouldn't stay up and she mooned most of the other beach goers over the course of our 2 1/2 hours there. Here are just a few of the pics I took (click on them to see them larger)....




The last two are of Clara trying to get the sand out of her mouth. She had sand EVERYWHERE! I'm sure they were thrilled to have us on the L on our way home. They seriously left a trail of sand everywhere they went.

I'm so excited! We got the email today that we got an individual plot in our church's community garden! I really don't know much about gardening but we thought it would be a fun school project. We go this week for our orientation and a week from Saturday is opening day so we can start planting. Thankfully, they provide seeds, plants and a lot of guidance. Fun stuff!

Okay... I still need to edit my pics from breakfast with the girls on Saturday! Can you believe that Jen has not only posted her pics but has scrapped them???? Such a cool page too... I really need to get my act together! I need to stop taking more pics so I can do something with the ones I've got! LOL! This run of nice weather isn't helping things though.

Kristen - I have the Canon 20d and I am so thrilled to hear that you think the details look great! I'm rediscovering a lens I had shunned for over a year. LOL! I used to love my 28-135 IS as a good solid all-purpose lens. But then I got started on primes and bought my first L glass lens and suddenly I felt that lens just wasn't sharp enough. I dug it out for Disney World and now I'm beginning to re-appreciate the flexibility of this lens.

Okay... I'm totally beat! An afternoon of sun and sand will do that to you! Tomorrow they're calling for rain so maybe I'll get something scrap related accomplished! :-)

'nite!

3 comments:

  1. love these beach shots! your colours are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:03 AM

    wowsers!! made it into your post!! holy mackrel!! Thanks for the info! I recently got the Canon xti and as of right not only have the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS...I love the clarity and the IS is wonderful but I miss sooo many shots because I just can't get close enough quick enough! That and I so need to learn all the controls!! So I'm dreaming of buying another lens (I've decided this is the most expensive hobby to date I've tried to tackle!) and actually venturing out of the auto modes on more than the little statues that don't move! :) And yeah...Jen is QUICK!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!! Thanks again for the info! Taking notes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:59 PM

    Hello Tracie - I've been MIA from here for too long I see ..
    These are awsome photos!! Love your colors .. I need a nice beach like this!! :)

    ReplyDelete