Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Louvre




(my favorite thing about the photo above? a full shot with no people in it!! I'm not sure how i managed that)

Ugh... I'm getting behind on my Paris photos! Anything on the computer just wasn't happening yesterday. We started out our day with laundry and once it was semi-under control we headed out the door. The kids and I went to the Green City Market to buy plants for our garden. We got two kinds of peppers - one orange one that I can't remember the name of and one Giant Marconi. We got one more tomato plant - Mr. Stripey (Alex's pick... he doesn't even like tomatoes but promised to try this one if we grew it). And two more basil plants - one cinnamon and one lemon. We also had lunch there... crepes with cheese, tomatoes and herbs washed down with organic apple cider. YUM! After that we hit the bakery area for a loaf of sun dried tomato herb bread with asiago cheese and a couple of oatmeal cranberry cookies for the kids. I really wanted some produce and fresh flowers but I was running out of hands to carry things (note to self, bring tote bag next time) and we were running out of time since we had to do some school before we left for chess and ballet. There's always next time!

Tonight is Clara's dance recital dress rehearsal. I cannot wait to see them all up there in their adorable pink outfits. The costumes are just absolutely precious this year! I need to do her official dance portrait, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Her costume came "some assembly required" and we just got it back from the seamstress last night. Maybe this weekend I'll give it a shot, but we're expecting rain so we'll see. I need to get my camera stuff together for tonight as well. I found my battery charger and now I just need to get my battery into it and clear off a memory card. I'm not sure which lens I'll use so I'll probably take two - my 85mm 1.8 and my 70-200 2.8L. I used the 70-200 last year with reasonable success. I just have no idea what this theater is like and how close I'll be able to get. Ack... these things always freak me out!

Okay... I've got to get clean and start my day!

Maybe I'll be back tonight with some dance pictures!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment