Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December 14th

Yesterday was a big Christmas shopping day for Alex and me. As soon as he finished his school, we were off. I had ordered him some stuff from Guitar Center and took advantage of the free shipping to store option. Well... that seemed like a good idea at the time... however, it was turning out that I was never in that area without Alex. I was beginning to get emails about how I only had 2 or 3 more days to pick up my order before they shipped it back, so I had to go for it. Thankfully, when I picked it up, everything was in one sealed box, so Alex had no clue as to what was inside. After that we did lots of looking but not a lot of buying. Alex had to buy his present for Clara and his Secret Santa gift for Miracle... but he was having trouble finding "just the right thing".

That evening we took Clara to dance and then took off to do more shopping. As we were walking down State Street, we noticed that there weren't any crowds around the window displays so we decided to take a look...


This year's theme is the "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" story. The windows were very cute, but didn't seem as elaborate as they had been in years past. While looking at the windows, Alex realized that he had not written a letter to Santa this year. So after we ran several errands, we went into Macy's so he could write his letter....
And mail it...
Yesterday was almost a day without photos, but I'm glad I had stuck my little camera in my purse!

No comments:

Post a Comment