Friday, December 24, 2010

December 23rd

Taking a quick break from wrapping presents to try to catch up on my "daily December" blog posts. Thankfully the kids were with my parents all evening so Jeff and I were able to wrap.... all I have left now are Jeff's presents!

Yesterday we all (me, my mom, my dad and Alex) went down to drop Clara off at the theater. After we dropped her off, we did a little shopping (after grabbing a quick lunch, of course). Our first stop was the gift shop for the Chicago Architecture Foundation. I went into it for the first time earlier this week and fell in love!! Thankfully yesterday it was not as crowded as it had been the last time I was in so we really got to look around (and pick up a few last minute gifts as well).

After we made our purchases, we noticed the free exhibits just beyond the store. We decided to check them out. Here are Alex and my mom looking at the model of Chicago...
it was very cool....

We spent quite a bit of time, taking it all in and figuring it all out....


We wandered through some of the other exhibits there as well. After that, we made the trek to Macy's on State Street. We just hit the shoe section and the Holiday Lane area before it was already time to pick up Clara.

We came home and the kids used the gel clings we had purchased earlier to decorate our back sliding glass door...
and our front windows...
We all sat down to a quick dinner before grandpa and grandma went off to the theater to see Alex in Miracle.

While they were gone, Clara discovered the Christmas Karaoke channel on our TV....

She's totally in love with it and not only sang, but danced to every song! (Mango isn't sure what to think of her)

I had sent Alex with my point and shoot camera and asked him to be sure to get a pic of him and grandpa and grandma with Jim. Well.... it's a little blurry, but it will do....
:-)

I'll have an official Christmas Eve post later... but until then... Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment