Saturday, December 25, 2010

December 24th

This post with photos from yesterday took me a little longer than usual to get together. Somehow by the end of the day, I had photos on three different cameras to sort out! I had my usual 5d shots, Clara's photos with the point and shoot and then I dusted off my old 20d for some (my batteries died in my external flash and we didn't have any spares so I had to fall back on the 20d's on board flash).

First thing Friday morning we had cookies to decorate....

This year we just didn't get homemade cookies made, so these were store bought slice and bake...

I guess the kids really don't care all that much as long as they have free reign with the sprinkles and candy chips....
Next we made some chocolate pretzels....
With breaks at every half hour to see the latest SantaTracker update on the "Santa News Network"....
Then back to work....

Then it was time to get ready for Clara's last performance in the Nutcracker. On the last day, the kids get to bring there cameras and take photos backstage and in their dressing rooms. Here are a few of the photos Clara took...

Their pink snow tree angel shirts....
The snow tree angel dressing area....
Her and a friend....
... they met this summer during the summer intensive and really got to know each other better during the Nutcracker.

And her and her snow tree angel bff...
... these two would text each all of the way home almost every night!

After Clara was released at intermission, she came and sat with us for the second act. After the show we took a few photos...

Clara and Alex....
The kids with Grandpa and Grandma Missouri (my parents)....
Clara showing off her angel ornament to commemorate her snow tree angel role...
Clara in the theater....
One last shot of her and her friend....
We then went home and had our usual Christmas Eve dinner of Taco Soup (in the crockpot). After dinner, the kids went back to the condo where my parents were staying to play games and watch a movie so Jeff and I could wrap presents. It took us a couple of hours, but we finally got it done....
The kids came home and finished up their Santa prep....
(look how tiny those hand prints are!!!)

While they finished that up, I got the Land of Nod Cinnamon Rolls ready for our breakfast the next morning...
I think they were finally in bed and fairly settled by about 11. Nobody would sleep well, with the next day being Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment