Thursday, December 09, 2010

December 8th

(please forgive the horrible photos in this post)

Another Christmas tradition in our house is...
... watching shows during the ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas.

This tradition started the year we moved back here to Chicago (we moved into our house just a couple days before Christmas). Jeff was already working here in Chicago and the kids and I were still in Texas. Given that we were in transition that year, a lot of our usual holiday traditions weren't happening. We didn't have a tree and I honestly can't remember if we did the books or not that year. That's when I discovered the 25 Days of Christmas (I actually think it was my mother who pointed it out to me). That month, the three of us would climb into my bed and watch at least part of what was on that night. Sometimes we would watch one of their movies and sometimes it was a classic Christmas special.

Well, the next year we were fully settled into our house, but they wanted the tradition to continue. I started DVR'ing the shorter Christmas specials and we would watch one a night as a family. But that was back in the days before we had so many evening activities. Now, we just set the DVR to record the specials and sit down when we can to watch them.

Yesterday after Clara got home from school we sat down together to watch a Mickey Mouse Christmas special...
This a very low stress tradition that I love... it is so much fun seeing the kids get as excited as I did as a kid over the same Christmas shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment