Monday, December 06, 2010

December 5th

December 5th was a whirlwind of activity. We started out our Sunday at church. We all made it for the first hour. Alex was pretty excited for Sunday School. Our church was hosting a Fair Trade Bazaar yesterday and the fourth and fifth grade class was able to go to it during class and do some shopping. Alex brought his own money and is very pleased with the gift he purchased for Jeff.

After Sunday School... Alex went to choir and Jeff and I picked up Clara. Clara and I had to head down to the loop for her Nutcracker rehearsal at noon. Thankfully it was a short 1/2 hour rehearsal. Jeff and Alex swung by to pick Clara up after she was done, because she had another skating date with her friend. Jeff dropped Clara off with her friend and Alex off at the theater for his matinee. I got to stay downtown and do some Christmas shopping kid free!!! It was very nice and I managed to get a large chunk of Alex's gifts purchased which was my goal.

I eventually had to wander back to the Joffrey for a production meeting for the Nutcracker. Dancers were supposed to attend too, but apparently I had skimmed over that part in the letter. I took good notes though and I'll make sure Clara knows what she needs to know. :-)

When I got home, the boys were home too. Alex was excited.... he had gotten his first ever St. Nicholas Day gift!

The girl who plays the little Dutch girl, Maryke, in Miracle had bought the cast St. Nicholas Day gifts. They all received little chocolate wooden shoes and the kids all got chocolate in the shape of their first initial as well...



Apparently Alex really enjoyed his "A" :-)

Clara ended up staying with her friend for dinner and was so excited when she got home too! She had gotten her first ever Hanukkah gift....
She had seen that book at the orthodontist's office and had really wanted to read it! I had totally forgotten about until I saw it last night! She was just so excited to have it that she wanted to immediately go to bed so she could read. She's really enjoying it and read it up until time to go to school today. She's over halfway done already.

No comments:

Post a Comment