Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 21st

Tuesday was "birthday day". It was my mother-in-law's actual birthday so there were big plans. They had tickets to see Clara in the Nutcracker that afternoon. We even got an extra ticket for Clara so she could join her grandparents for the second act.

While they were gone.... Alex and I baked the traditional Christmas-time birthday cake in our household... the jello poke cake with cool whip frosting :-) We usually do a double layer round cake with red and green layers... but we just ran out of time this year.

After dinner... it was time for cake!
We sang Happy Birthday and grandma and the kids blew out the candle (I promised not to post the photo that I took... and I kept my promise) :-)

Then they burst into a rousing rendition of the Polish Happy Birthday song... Sto Lat!

Jeff, his mom and the kids....
After cake, it was presents time! Here is Anne with the "homemade" photo calendar we put together....
(I'll post more photos later - hopefully - after everyone has received their copy)

I got to open my birthday presents from them too... even if it was a little early :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment