Monday, September 18, 2006

guess what I did today...

... I actually paper scrapped... gasp! I know! It's actually pretty amusing since its a lift of one of my digi layouts from yesterday. But I guess we all have to start somewhere. LOL! So... here it is...
It was actually kind of fun.... even with the kids "helping". Poor things, I had them do my dirty work... they cleaned my stamps for me and they thought that was big fun. Now I just need to print off more pics so I can play some more! I think digi will always be my main thing, but it will be fun to play with paper too.

Do you know what I just realized the other day? As part of my month as guest digi creative team member at A Cherry On Top they're having a contest where you have to scraplift one of my layouts! So far there's just like four entries, but it is so cool to see another person's take on my original layout. Fun stuff! Oh... and don't forget about the chat on Wednesday... now I just need someone to remind me!

Still feeling a little cruddy. Hopefully the cold is on the way out and there will be no ear infections this time. I seriously can't be sick this week. The kids and I (oh, and the dog) are driving to my parents' house in Missouri for a couple of days. My parents get season passes to Silver Dollar City in Branson every year and if you order them early you get "bring a friend free" passes to be used at certain times throughout the year. Well... our fall passes expire this weekend, thus the last minute trip. Plus, my little hometown is having their fall festival/reunion this weekend as well. So we'll be hitting that too. I'm excited to be possibly experiencing some "real" fall weather. Since I'm not at all in the "real" fall weather mindset, I'll be doing some clothes shopping for the kiddos tomorrow.

Well... its getting late and I still have the kitchen to clean up (we had breakfast for dinner tonight along with fried plantains from a recipe that was in our spanish curriculum... yum).

'nite!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:59 AM

    Hi Tracie,
    Love your work. First time leaving a message on your blog, but I visit quite a bit. I'll be working on a layout soon so I can entry the scraplift challenge at acot. So, think happy thoughts that I do a good job scraplifting you. :)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and amazing picture!

    ReplyDelete