Friday, September 29, 2006

my pint-sized picassos

Have I mentioned how much I love our art curriculum??? I really truly do, it was my best impulse purchase at the curriculum fair, I do believe. I love that it not only teaches them about how to "do art" but it also teaches them about art through art appreciation. Today we did Picasso's Mains Aux Fleurs. We learned about brush strokes and color mixing... so much fun! I got really brave and let them do this at the table in the playroom (over carpet!!) so they could follow along with the dvd. Here are some pics (not sure I like the new photobucket slideshow thing though)....



Oh... my big announcement is.... I'm now officially a digi CT member for A Cherry on Top! I'm so excited to work with such an amazing group of scrappers!!

Other than that... we're busy here trying to get ready to head out of town for Fall Break. We're going back to Missouri to stay with my parents. It's just nice to have a change of scenery. Our goal is to work on Alex's Cub Scout Fishing Belt Loop and Pin. My parents have a stocked pond on their property plus they just bought a fishing boat for the little local lake. We'll also probably hit the Nature Center and possibly Bass Pro. The fun thing about homeschooling is that we can turn his cub scout requirements into little unit studies for school!

Yikes! It's 20 to 4:00... I've got to get the kids to martial arts!

Oh... one more thing... send good health vibes our way if you can.... 6 kids out of Clara's preschool class were out yesterday with a stomach bug. I'm really not a fan of stomach bugs! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:24 AM

    Okay your killing me, what cirriculum is it?? It looks like so much fun!!! Let me know! Pleaseeee!


    Thanks
    A homeschool Mom
    jforbeck@cablerocket.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the ACOT position! That should be tons of fun! Your budding artists are adorabubble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok decided to stop lurking and say congrats on the digi CT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:16 AM

    Congrats on your spot on ACOT CT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:39 PM

    Hey!! I tagged you...enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Congrats on the new ACOT digi CT!! Don't know if I said that somewhere already or not, but if I did, congrats again!!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete