Thursday, January 17, 2008

I have a new willing model!

Clara got some new clothes the other day and I adore the shirt she chose to wear today. I asked if we could take some pictures.... she agreed. I could not for the life of me figure out why the dog got so excited when I got out my camera. She followed me around and would sit right in front of me with her ears perked up... staring at the camera. Clara kept laughing and saying that Friday wanted her picture taken. So, I humored her and took a picture. Later it dawned on me. The other night when Friday was my photo-of-the-day... I had to say the word "treat" to get her to perk up her ears. Wanting to follow through with that bribe... I went to get her a treat. I couldn't find any, so I went for her favorite thing in the world... peanut butter. I think she was looking for more peanut butter today!

Finding light in our house on dreary winter days is really really hard. So today I propped Clara up on the Welsh Dresser we have by our front windows. I still had to shoot at an ISO of 3200 in order to get the exposure right.

Here's Clara laughing about the dog...
and one of her looking surprised after the window made a noise when she leaned on it...
I finally broke down and purchased Neat Image for my mac. I had it on my pc but I had gone the last few months without a noise reduction program. But after shooting today at 3200, I decided it was time to just do it.

I'm having a little photography identity crisis (for lack of better term) again. For the past 3-4 months I've had a few low key photography projects going on... one for a resort we stayed at this past summer, one for the Midnight Circus and another for Clara's dance studio. I love the projects and I'm content while doing them... they're so low key though that I didn't think I'd really miss them when they were gone. Well... as of this week... they're basically all wrapped up... leaving me photography project-less (well, two are over and one is moving at a very slow pace). I'm not sure what to do about this. I don't want a full fledged business... I have too much other stuff going on... but I would love another project or two. Hmmmm..... sorry... I started rambling there.

Oh... speaking of photos... I've started a little project with my photo-a-day photos... I blogged about it on the Memory Makers Masters blog. I love the templates and elements that Two Sisters (Emily and Angela Powers) and Lanne from Once Upon a Storyboard have come up with for the photo-a-day thing.

Okay, I'm going to go get the dinner dishes cleaned up!

'nite

No comments:

Post a Comment