Thursday, January 31, 2008

field trip!

Today we decided to check out the Chicago History Museum....I haven't been there in FOREVER.... I think Jeff and I were still dating when we last went. But while at the library on Monday I noticed that the Great Kids Museum Passport was in for that museum and decided to check it out.

The kids had a great time. The morning was a bit crazy with school groups but after lunch we pretty much had the place to ourselves. We ended up spending about four hours there and I think we pretty much covered it all. Alex is obsessed with the Great Chicago Fire and was a bit disappointed that they didn't have more on the subject. But they had other cool things to make up for it.

Like the opportunity to turn yourself into a Chicago hot dog...


Okay... am I the only parent out there that just wants to drag my children home after stuff like this and bathe them in Lysol? My goodness it was making my skin crawl. They loved it though and wouldn't stop playing with it. Ick!

Another favorite, making their own Chicago postcards, complete with their pictures...

They rotated the most recently created postcards up on the big display. I happened to catch their cards when they were up. They were supposed to have been sent to us via email, but they haven't shown up in Alex's in box yet.

It was a lot of fun and I even managed to buy myself a new bag/purse at the gift shop. It's an astrosatchel... I've been stalking them for some time now and finally, today, decided to make a purchase. I'll have to take a photo of it later because I can't find my particular bag on their site.

Well... we're in the midst of another winter storm warning so I think I'm going to go and watch it snow some more (I love to watch it snow).

'nite!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:33 PM

    Hotdogs are Tom's fave lunch and this is his favourite blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first photo in your post is just gorgeous!! And I wanted to comment on how fun your perspectives are. I love the photos of your kids looking back at you from their hotdog buns. I would have never thought to take the photo from that angle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K & I totally missed the make your own postcards! How darling!!

    Super photos!

    ReplyDelete