Monday, January 14, 2008

the queen of hearts....

... the illustrated version.

Today after we were done with our main school stuff the kids started begging to "do art". So we got our Atelier Homeschool Art program and started the next project. They were supposed to create an "action strip" based on the nursery rhyme The Queen of Hearts. We read the nursery rhyme, we even acted it out (I got to be the King since he was the one who did the "scolding"... lol!). Then the kids drew four pictures to tell the story. They both did really well! However, since I tend to take more pictures of Clara... Alex has the honor of being photo-of-the-day today. I'll post more pictures and details about our project on my homeschool blog tomorrow.

Alex had cooking tonight (I love Mondays!). Today he made Tempura Vegetables and Sesame Chicken... yum! I just fixed some fried rice and we had dinner!

My routine is all out of whack. Jeff's still out of town but I'm out of recorded episodes of Ghost Hunters. I tried watching an episode of Mythbusters last night, but it just wasn't the same... sigh.

So, I'm going to go to bed and read (which I still need to post about my books!).

'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment